Tuesday, October 26, 2004

a few quotes i'm staring at

i'm sitting in luke's classroom, at his computer, and i just looked up at these two quotes while trying to think of what i wanted to write.

"...if I'm anything by a clinical name, I'm a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy." --j.d. salinger

"We can only do what it seems to us we were made for, lok at this world with a happy eye but from a sober perspective." --w.h. auden

i don't know how much i agree with either of these quotes (although i think i agree with the second one a lot more) but i do know that they're great quotes that stimulate my mind. of course, i don't think i'm going to write anything about the product of this mental stimulation, just that it happens thanks to these quotes and others like them. i really don't have much else to say. or anything, else, i supose.

No comments: