Saturday, August 07, 2004

my foray into consumerism

of course i don't mean to say that i've never been a part of the consumeristic culture, but i like to think i stay on the fringes. this morning i fully dove in while searching for a new car. because i'm not sure what i want to do in the next year, and because my car now (God bless the grand prixx) is a bit old and shoddy, my parents and i decided it would be a wise investment to get a new car. so now i'm becoming obsessed with features, prices, mpg, and colors. it's just weird to be so focused on getting something that a few weeks ago i didn't think i "needed," and now i'm willing to take out more in loans to spend a bunch of money. i really do believe it's a good option for me, a good path to pursue, it's just a bit uncomfortable. i got back from houseboats yesterday, and this is my first post in a while. hopefully i get back on the horse after being gone, since there are so many people counting on my wise and sagacious comments.

No comments: