Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I read the Atlanta Journal-Constitution a lot these days

Okay, I really do read the AJC most days. Specifically, I check the Braves blog on the online version. It's a great place to catch up on my only non-west coast team. But today I was reading Sekou Smith's response to some of the trade scenarios that have been thrown around. I actually don't like many of them, and I think they're all pretty unlikely. Smith says about the same. The reason I'm mentioning it here is because of this paragraph that gets me really excited. In fact, it's the main reason I still lean heavily towards Oden over Durant.
The only team worth talking to about a possible trade is Portland. And since we all know they don’t plan on giving up the No. 1 pick in this draft, those conversations would be brief (I love LaMarcus Aldridge and I’d take he and Jarrett Jack in a heartbeat for the No. 3. But do you really think the Blazers would trade this kid, a 7-footer with an impressivhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gife face-up game and a high ceiling, with an opportunity to pair he and Greg Oden together like the New Millennium version of Duncan and Robinson? What are you crazy?) and probably end with laughter on both ends of the line.
That's the exact thing I've been thinking, and it's just too good an idea to pass up. The rest of Smith's post is actually really good in general about how to build a good basketball team. I think his description fits almost exactly what Kevin Pritchard and Portland did last year.

Here's one more trade scenario that's out there, and I still think some from of this is more likely than partnering with Atlanta in any way (thanks to a comment J-Lew left on this blog a while ago). This goes back to the idea that the Bulls need a legitimate low-post scorer. I don't know if I want to trade Randolph, but Chicago seems like the location that would work best (with Washington a close second). That being said, I'm happy that Kevin Pritchard is doing this.

No comments: