Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My New Year's Resolutions...in list form

Second try at this, since I'm an idiot. Oh, and I know how ridiculous it is to write these down, but I'm doing it anyway.
  1. Work out consistently
  2. Get my foot healthy
  3. Figure out how to make those two things compatible
  4. Read more of the things that are assigned for class
  5. Read more things that aren't assigned for anything
  6. Play guitar more often
  7. Drink less coffee, but enjoy it more
  8. Drink more tea
  9. Drink more water
  10. Write more music
  11. Record more music on GarageBand
  12. Write better--and perhaps fewer--posts about the Blazers
  13. Write better--and perhaps more--posts about other things
  14. Listen to more music
  15. See more shows
  16. Make it through my education program without hating teaching
  17. Make it through my education program without hating teachers
  18. Make it through my education program without hating students
  19. Find a job in the city
  20. Take a huge road trip to visit friends all over the country
  21. Start rocking again with James, Eric, and Jonathan (if we can all make it to L.A.)
  22. Visit Chicago
  23. Win all three of my fantasy basketball leagues
  24. Live more consistently
  25. Live more simply
  26. Be less passive-aggressive
  27. Develop more patience with people
  28. Be more awesome
I guess that last one sums it up pretty well.

1 comment:

Ek said...

Ok, here's mine, just for the heck of it. I don't really like the "New Year's resolution" thing, but these are a few things I want to do/have told other people or myself I'm going to do this year, in approximate order of importance -

1) Apply to at least a few grad schools (Ryan talked me into this one, but it's a good idea to at least do that much. It's good to have somebody around who pushes me like that and is not one of my parents.)

2) Become a completely kickass bass player by the end of this year if not sooner.

3) Be more bodacious.

4) Write more for the vt without a severe dropoff in quality, and write about stuff other than sports a little more often.

5) Stay in better touch with my friends that I'm not really in touch with now.

6) Be depressed for less than a week after the Bears lose the Super Bowl this year (there's almost no sane reason to pick any other result for them).

7) Keep any lists of goals I make for myself to seven or less...