Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Mike Bacsik

He threw the pitch. The at-bat was actually pretty good for the pitcher, going up 2-2, throwing a ball after that, Bonds hitting one foul to keep the count full, and then going after him as Barry lifted it to the deepest part of AT&T Park. I just happened to be watching when Barry Bonds broke the record. It was pretty incredible. I think I actually heard the city of of San Francisco cheering through my window, not over the TV. It was way cooler to watch than I would have expected.

3 comments:

Lewis said...

Those of us on the east coast had the pleasure of waking up in the morning and realizing we missed history...

Ek said...

I wouldn't worry. It didn't happen on the East Coast; it can't be that significant of a sports moment. I bet it'll be behind the Bucky Dent homerun on an ESPN coutdown within five years.

josh said...

I can't even tell if you're serious or joking, that's how desensitized I've become to the East coast bias.