Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Not that you care, but I do

The online edition of The Oregonian has a ton of Blazers content today. It's really good stuff, and of course has kept me from grading tests or doing my blog for a class or doing an assignment that's already late. Yup, it's opening day. Here's a rundown of the articles, in case you're remotely interested in a few of the subjects: A quick summary of the last year, profiles of players Jarret Jack, Martell Webster, Brandon Roy, and Sergio Rodriguez, and new player development coach--and former UNLV mentor--Bill Bayno, and a preview of the whole league. I didn't read the league preview, but everything else is pretty good. It almost makes me excited to win games and hope we get rewarded, and paid back for last year, with the number one pick in the lottery. Everytime I think of Greg Oden, I get really excited. And when I picture him on the floor with...ah...I can't do it, I need to get to work on stuff, but the more I talk about this team and the possibilities of this team for the future, the less I want to grade tests. Oh man. Greg Oden. Brandon Roy. Martell Webster, who I LOVE. L-O-V-E. (Quick Martell story: last year the Blazers drafted him number six right out of high school. I was at an early season game against the Pistons that he started. He looked pretty good. A few weeks later he was sent down to the D league. Martell never once complained, instead doing all he could to get better through the experience. And he did. If you only read one of the articles that I linked to, read the one about Martell. The kid gets me excited.) Zach Randolph. (I refuse to give up on Zach.) Sergio Rodriguez. (Who could be a Tony Parker/Steve Nash/Jason Williams hybrid.) Add in Travis Outlaw, LaMarcus Aldridge, Joel Przybilla, and Jarret Jack off the bench. That's an eight man rotation.


I just had to wipe drool off my keyboard. I'll leave this post with a picture from Mike Barrett's Blazer fan blog. (Barrett is the TV play-by-play guy for Portland. His blog is on the Blazers official site.)

Time for test-grading.















Left-to-right: Zach Randolph, Martell Webster, Brandon Roy, and Travis Outlaw.

No comments: