Thursday, October 26, 2006

A couple mini-lists (ripping off McSweeney's and Krispin)

Instead of blogging here, I should probably writing on my blog for class. But I'd rather do this one, so I am.

It's been a long time since I've written anything, and I want to say it's because I've been busy. Really, though, I haven't been that busy. I'm one of the best people I know at doing as little as possible to get by in a slightly above-average way. Now that my teaching unit has ended, I really will have even more time, which should translate to me getting my work done early and reading or writing more for pleasure. Here are the things I want to write:

1) More Blazer related blogs on here, and perhaps a few about my Seahawks and Ducks. There's a lot to write about with each of these teams, and I like thinking about them and writing about them.

2) Continue working on the story I started writing last time I visited Scott in Portland, and hopefully turn it into something good.

3) This shouldn't count, but I'm putting it anyway: I want to "write" all my paperwork that should be done at the end of the term, so that the rest of the term is smooth.


Here are the things I want to read:

1) I want to finish Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places. I seem to have misplaced it, so hopefully I can find it soon and finish it.

2) I started reading The Satanic Verses last week. I haven't read anything by Salman Rushdie before, and so far this has been proving him to be as good as people claim. It's pretty amazing.

3) The Gospels. It's been a long time, and my reading of the daily "verse and voice" emails from Sojourners has helped me get back into Scripture.

4) It would be nice to get back into Barth's commentary on Romans, as well. We'll see. I would have put this one last, because it is the least likely for me to actually read, but instead I'll put this last:

5) Fortress of Solitude, by Jonathan Lethem. Jacob has been insisting for some time that I need to read Lethem's stuff. I believe him. I just have so many other things that I want or need to read. So this is last on my list, even though I know I really want to read it.

(I left out my adaptation of Maniac Magee as one of my writing projects because I don't have the patience currently to write something that won't be realized until it sees the screen. So that would be last on my writing list.)

No comments: