Monday, September 06, 2004

should have bought a new car...

so, my car officially sucks. it nearly died yesterday, though i did make it to patrick's. i'm here in berkeley now. he and i went to get some parts for it today that i think fixed the problem. hopefully that's the case, since i plan on driving through the grapevine tonight so that it's not too hot. we'll see about everything though. i'm beginning to think--unless it's fine now, which i hope it is--that i may need to get a new car anyway. and that will suck. or be cool. but probably both. i miss people already. it's funny how the way i perceive things changes based on who they remind me of. so i can see something that would usually make me really happy, but instead of feeling happiness i miss someone because it reminds me of them. weird and lame. that's all for now, hopefully i'll be able to update from costa mesa soon, and even more* hopefully from phoenix not too long after that.

*when i say even more hope i mean it takes even more hope to think i'll be able to make it to phoenix in my car. this is because it seems that i have much less hope of making it.

3 comments:

A.J. said...

I think this the firs time that I have posted on your blog. Mostly because I am afraid of being grammared. Although I know that it wont happen....well at least I hope. Anyway I thought that I would just say hi....Hi! Also that we all miss you, and almost decided on watching a movie at your house for good old times. Well have a fun trip and, I will most likely be here when you get back. A side note from Jacobs post, this is almost like me next year because, even though I wont be in college just everyone I know will. Till next time.

Jacob said...

Josh, I think you really need to rethink what you're doing. It is obvious that your car trouble is a sign from God that you are not doing what He wants you to do. It is just not in His plan and His plan is perfect. Are you? I think you should ... think about it. And then give up and come home.

Krispin Mayfield said...

Jacob, you were kind of stealing the theme of my post on his cynical view of marriage...and it was hilarious. Although, you also had a sort of self-preserving heart-felt message embedded in it. By the way, if he's coming home, I want to as well. Although, you know the wild and crazy life up here is... wild and crazy. Well, mostly because I just got back from downtown with my cousin, around 1:00. Before that was a campfire at a friend's house and before that worship team practice. Before that, sanding floor boards all day. So exciting. Hope your car makes it, Josh.