Saturday, August 05, 2006

Zach Randolph

I've been a fan of Randolph since his third season. I admit that I was very skeptical when we drafted him, but I came around quickly, and was really happy that we gave him the HUGE extension. This summer there has been some talk that they might dump him now that Magloire and LaFrentz have come in. That would be really really really really (ad infinitum) stupid. Last year Randolph's big numbers--points and rebounds--dropped, but so did his bad numbers--turnovers--and some other numbers came up, like steals, blocks, 3pt shots/percentage, and assists. In addition, from what I've read and seen this summer, he's working really hard to get into great shape and has even trimmed up a bit. Here's a link to his player page at the Blazers website, it has video on it that made me pretty giddy. It also had an ad that made me want to buy season tickets, even though that would be really dumb. I'm looking into it anyway.

So there's that.

No comments: